Debbie Mills Robertson
(Dip. Int. Des., DINZ)
Mobile: 027 345 7000
Frequently Asked Questions
I have listed below the most commonly asked questions.
If you have a question that is not here, please do not hestitate to contact me Email
I need help where do I start?
For new builds and major renovations, I like to see your plans before you start, this is useful as I can ‘walk through’ your home and look for any issues e.g., flow, furniture placement, etc. But don't worry if work is already under way, I'm happy to help at any stage of your project.
How much does it cost?
I have designed my packages to cater for New Builds, Renovation Projects, Home Styling and Styling to Sell. As these packages are tailored to suit your needs, the cost depends on the amount of work you require.
Is the initial consultation free?
Yes, I have a free 20-30 minute Phone or Skype call that we will go through the details of your project and I can answer any questions you have.
An In-Home Consultation is the next step - this is complimentary when you buy one of my packages (valued at $250) .
What will happen at In-Home Consultation?
The In-Home Consultation is usually between 1½ - 2 hours and we will go through a detailed questionnaire and I have a fun colour & style exercise that will help me to establish your personal tastes. This helps if you’re unsure of exactly what you want.
I will create a room-by-room list of work to be done and those items that will be staying. I will also take photos and do some measurements.
Do I need to do anything before our first meeting?
It’s helpful if you are able to have some cuttings from magazines or photos of ideas that appeal to you.
Also have a budget in mind. I can help you with deciding where to spend wisely.
Do you do kitchens and bathrooms?
I will help you choose colours plus fittings and fixtures for your new or renovated kitchen or bathroom.
Why use an interior designer?
- Using their knowledge, expertise, and guidance can help prevent costly mistakes
- They have established contacts with skilled tradespeople
- You will save numerous hours of shopping, as they know the go-to suppliers for your needs
- They have access to trade only showrooms saving you $$$
- Help to create your own unique style by taking into account your lifestyle and individual tastes
- They will help you to make the most of what you already have and repurpose where they can
- Able to make the most of your spaces and create best traffic flows with furniture arrangements that make daily living fun, feel great, perfectly functional with fantastic flow
- They will turn chaos into calm!
INFUSING HOME, LIFESTYLE & HARMONY